FAQs about WhatsApp Channels
Is WhatsApp Channels now available for my business?
Yes, it is, freshly launched globally after initial testing from META in Columbia and Singapore. Yet it is still early and it remains unclear how it will develop and what it will cost going forward, currently it is for free and continuously rolled out to WhatsApp user base.
Should I use WhatsApp Channels?
It depends. Ultimately WhatsApp Channels lacks capabilities to be constantly optimized towards revenue ad data collection as an orchestrated channel within your CRM tech stack & activity. Still there are use cases that we consider interesting based on the fact that channel updates are currently free to send.
As an example, if you find that Instagram Broadcast Channels worked well for you, WhatsApp Channels might too.
What business use cases is WhatsApp Channels for?
Here are 6 we've identified:
1. Community/brand content that doesn't have to “perform” or that is not connected to revenue. (e.g. soccer clubs updating their fans with news)
2. Collecting community feedback based on emoji reactions
3. Creating hype for an upcoming release or campaign that you are about to send out via private inbox notifications
4. Using channel as an opt-in collector for private inbox opt-ins
5. Big public promotion codes next to private sendout when you want to maximize reach (although you won't be able to track)